The European Kratom Alliance
EKA strives to promote and fight for the following issues:
- The promotion of education about the plant Kratom and its (medicinal) effects – EKA is committed to science. For decades Kratom has been demonised and mischaracterized. With new research emerging all the time, EKA wants to show the truth about Kratom, and fight the numerous misconceptions about it.
- Regulating and standardising Kratom in Europe – The legal situation of Kratom in Europe is very unclear. We strive to collaborate with legislators across the European continent on behalf of Kratom users and vendors to create a legislative pathway for safe, legal and responsible use of Kratom.
- Funding of the research related to Kratom – In order to fight numerous misconceptions that arose over decades EKA is willing to support research on Kratom.
- Commitment to sustainability and replanting of the rainforest in South-East Asia- Kratom is an evergreen tree that is native to the rainforest of South East Asia. Its cultivation has the potential to help and restore the natural ecosystem of the region, which has been decimated by decades of industrial farming.
- Encouraging fair trade practises between European Kratom sellers and producers from Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar and Malaysia – EKA wants to encourage the fair-trade exchanges that empower producers of Kratom.